Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail issue after configurin Visual Voice Mail

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

I have CUCM 8.0.2 and Unity Connection 8.0 integrated successfully. I have configured Voice mail successfully too. After configuring the visual voice mail feature, i have the following issue : When trying to consult the voicemail (not the visual voice mail) i cannot hear any welcome message inviting me to enter my PIN. I can see the call ceonnected but can't hear any thing !

Do have any ideas ? Can you please advise ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check your Direct Routing Rules. You need to ensure that the Reverse Trap rule only matches when you dial the VVM number (which needs to be different than your normal voicemail pilot number). It sounds as if it is matching the Trap rule, not the Sign In and Default rules.

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply,

In fact, the reverse trap is matching the Voice mail number (8000 in my case). In this situation, the visual voice mail is working fine, but can't access the voice mail (can't hear any welcome message or anything).

When i changed the reverse trap to match the visual voice mail number (8005 in my case) the voice mail started to work fin, but when acessing the VVM, and after entering the credentials, i hear : please enter your PIN, and it stays repeating it ! and can't play the vvm message.

Can you please advise ?