Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Greeting sounds slower when played back

Garima Parghi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Unity Voicemail 7.1. I have couple of users complain that when they hear their own voicemail greeting from their phone their voice sounds drawn out and sleepy. This doesnt happen when listening to their voicemails from outside. I checked the setting in the subscriber page but dont see any setting for greetings itself.

Has anyone come across a situation like this?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Garima,

If it were the actual setting, you would expect to hear the slowed greeting play across the board (internally and externally).  Here's the documentation that explains this greeting speed configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/release/notes/712cucrn.html#wp376504

If the above doesn't seem to be your problem, the easiest way is going to be to get a network capture right from the CLI of UC so you can then play back the RTP stream to confirm whether or not it's leaving the NIC slowed down (most likely the setting within UC) or if it leaves normally but arrives at the destination slowed down (something happening between the NIC of UC and the destination).

Hope that helps,

Brad