cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPIM question

amylinit
Level 1
Level 1

Is the default behavior of the Opening Call Handler to allow outside callers to reach VPIM Subscribers and VPIM Blind Addresses (via having Delivery Location Dial ID & Remote Mailbox Number)?

Assuming that is the default behavior of call handlers, can the CoS of call handlers be safely changed to apply restrictions based on Delivery Location Dial ID? How would one go about doing that?

I'm trying to determine if you're forced to expose total VPIM functionality to outside callers, if it can be limited based on Delivery Location Dial ID, or if it can be limited just to subscribers.

1 Reply 1

amylinit
Level 1
Level 1

I think I eventually figured out some of the answers to my own question.

Unity 4.0(x) and later allows customizing Directory Handlers to search subscribers based on CoS or Location. That gives some great flexibility for what mailboxes you expose via a specific DH.

I'm still uncertain how routing rules would adequately cover the other side of things; controlling which VPIM subscribers are reachable from a particular call handler or coming in over a specific calling number. (by dialing Location Dial ID & Remote Mailbox Number in the CH).

Cameron