cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webview and Internet Explorer 8.0

jackmach33
Level 1
Level 1

Webview gives an error when a user utilizing IE 8.0 tries to run a report. None of the fixes mentioned in the other threads have worked. Does anyone have a link to any statement by Cisco that this browser is explicitly *not* supported for Webview, or can anyone suggest any possible fix/workaround? The weird part is, when the users exports the report, it comes up with all the right data. When the report page pop-up comes up however, it gets the error "There was an error detecting your user name. Please contact your administrator."

2 Replies 2

cpi
Level 1
Level 1

In the ICM 7.5 Bill of Materials Section 7.7 the document mentions that UCCE 7.5x does support Internet Explorer 8.

I was able to test IE 8 with webview 7.5.1 and I still recieved an error from it. I opened up a tac case and Tac told me that IE8 is officially supported in 7.5.7 and 8.0.1

I was told about a fix and I was able to test it against ICM 7.1.3 and 7.5.1 and it does allow IE8 to support webview.

This key did not exist in my registry so I did have to add it.

Go to Start --> Run --> regedit.
Add the below mentioned registry key.

Registry Path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
Registry Key : TabProcGrowth: DWord
Value : 0

Hope this helps a little.

Hi cpi,

can you say the location in registers local PC.

I dont understand where I can add this registry key.

I have IE8.0, Java 1.6.0_20. But not working report from WebView.

I in first time no, but second time always have message:

"You have been logged out due to inactivity. Close all browser windows and log into WebView again."

Thank you for your help.