cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

With CUCM 8.5 does EM consume a license?

vecarpen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does EM consume a license, like an adjunct license or something. I can't find a clear message so i think not but I want to be sure

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi vecarpen,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/b08user.html#wp1153074

If you check the Enable Mobility check box and fail to choose an adjunct  device from the Primary User Device drop-down list box, four device  license units (DLUs) get consumed, as indicated in the Mobility Enabled  End Users row in the License Unit Calculator window.

If you enable Cisco Unified Mobility and later choose an adjunct device  from the Primary User Device drop-down list box, the system credits you  with two DLUs, as indicated in the Mobility Enabled End Users row in the  License Unit Calculator window.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

The question was around EM (extension mobility) which does not consume any licenses/DLUs on version 8.X.

HTH,

Chris

vecarpen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you, and Chris you are correct - I was looking for comments on Extension Mobility - not necessarily Unified Mobility.

Great, let us know if this answered your question by marking it answered.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: