cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Witness ContactStore Communication Manager V7.2 integrate with CUCM

saginov72
Level 1
Level 1

Would like to further explore the feasibility and the compatibilities of 3 party application i.e. Avaya-Verint CSCM V7.2 (Witness ContactStore Communication Manager) running on Linux platform be integrate with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), for voice logger recording solutions. Could you please recommend us a solution? The intention to retains the existing Voice logger recording solution i.e. Witness and integrate with CUCM.

If yes how it works and what are the API required and the platform architecture on CISCO. How can we relate the Cisco Application extension Platform, Cisco Media Sense Api and Cisco Media Sense recorder, Cisco Media Database Sense, Recording storage with our current system overview as attached?

Appreciate your prompt feedback and recommendations on the resolution for our consideration and reference.

--------------------------------------------

Hi..

I'm still looking forward somebody to share the information's who has done this kind of integration?

Message was edited by: Ina Mohamad

4 Replies 4

adedayo_ariyo
Level 1
Level 1

multiple call UCM-compatable recording solutions and have been very happy with most (especially TelRex).  However, they are all fairly expensive and a little complicated.  I'm looking for a solution that will allow a phone user to hit a button to record a conversation, then receive that call at the end of the call.

Look at Unity Connection live record but is a 2 step key process and it is definitely a poor man’s recording solution.

Thanks

Srini

Prior to CUCM 9.0, any recording solution required either promiscuous capture of the entire voice vlan or have a CTI based application running on the user's PC to initiate the recording.  In 9.0, we have exposed call recording natively on the phone.  You can assign a softkey, programmable line key or a feature key to 'record' and when toggled, the phone/CUCM will initiate a call to the recording server profile and record the call. 

As for the ability for the recording application to send a copy or provide a link for access to the user after the call has terminated is a function of the recording software package.  For recording product features, you will need to look a each individual products.  I would start with the Cisco Technology Partners for recording products to ensure the best integration.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

I would just add to that even prior to 9.0 one could use Cisco QM application to add start/stop soft keys to the phone without needing a PC application. So there isn’t a need specifically for the Cisco native integration per se considering an option existed even prior to this from Calabrio/Cisco.

So your statement that any recording application would have needed a PC application isn’t the case with the Calabrio start stop recording controls on the phone. Now maybe with the vendors outside Cisco/Calabrio I could see it helping

Thanks

Srini