Views
Helpful
Replies

XML Services ideas ?

ipvoiipvoi
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

What kind of use you do from the "xml" services abilities on the cisco phones ?

After years now, we haven't met lots of customer that to use that : too colmplicated,...

Does Cisco provide ready to use services, as simple to deploy as possible ?

Is there a "bank" of these somewhere where people can share ?

A kind of "App Store" for services ?

Some of our customers were ready to acquire more "big" screens phones for not only the executive people.

But they had nothing to do with them.

Thanks

Regards

1 Reply 1

Jayant Anand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The Cisco 79XX Phones include a mini-browser that allows the phone to interact with specially designed web services. These services can be developed as a CGI script on an HTTP server which outputs content using the XML syntax.

A phone operator presses the "Services" button to access a menu of available services. Using the numeric key pad or the up/down button, a service is selected. The phone will then contact Apache or IIS to download an XML document which can contain the description of an object.

For your second question,yes,cisco provides a number of sample services for deployment and for development purposes.

Follow the link below :

http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/home

Download the Software Development Kit (SDK) and refer the documentation to get started.

For your knowledge i've worked on these services and these are really pretty cool ad-ons to your IP phone.

I've also developed my own services.

Regards,