cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

application dial rules not working for CUCIMOC

edwin.caoili
Level 1
Level 1

we have a new installtion of CUCIMOC and when making calls using the e164 number from OCS, calls to do not complete. We uploaded the application dial rule cop file into all CUCM servers and restarted appropriate services. We created a application dial rule that matches numbers begin with +1, number of digits 12, and strip 8. Calls made via CUPC and CUMC are able to use that rule. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

jballari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin,

If the application dial rule is working fine for devices in the CUCM cluster, the one thing I'd check is if the CUCM is getting the right number from OCS. Check that OCS sends the full number and that there are no other number manipulations before the number hits CUCM. The below link can help you out since it contains a step-by-step configuration:

http://books.google.es/books?id=b4f7E3_6cj0C&pg=PA308&lpg=PA308&dq=application+dial+rules&source=bl&ots=3ofn2GaHhu&sig=vFqD2h1VYfi9KgTC-BFziLb2rX4&hl=es&ei=5Gu8So_dGM3b-QaYxPjRCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8#v=onepage&q=application%20dial%2...

Starting with version 7.0, CUCM does handle E.164 numbers so it's able to route numbers starting with +. You don't need app dial rules in that case.

Cheers,

Jose

Well   When I try to make a call from CUCIMOC by dragging the contact to the phone,   Call manager isnt appending a 9 to get out so the call fails.    Calling the persons extension number works fine.,.   what am I missing..

Sounds like there is a digit manipulation somewhere that is not performing right so the number isn't well built to route the call to the destination. I'd recommend you open a case with our TAC, get a log of a sample call and work with them analyzing where the issue is.

Cheers,

Jose