Views
Helpful
Replies

Associating device extension and voicemail inbox in 7.0

dancumming
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In the past a company has managed our Call Manager and Unity servers but I would like to be more involved in administration of our system.  This is probably a simple question but I am only able to do what I can figure out on my own.  How do you associate a phone extension with a voicemail inbox?  For example if I wanted extension 1234 to ring and then go to voicemail inbox 4321.  Another example (and possibly a separate question) would be if I wanted the phone assigned to extension 1234 to dial into voicemail inbox 4321 when I hit the "messages" button.  Could someone give me steps on how to do this or point my to a guide.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please let me know if  you need any further details.

We are running...

Cisco Unified CM Administration 7.0.2.2

Cisco Unity Connection Administration 7.0.2.1

Thank you

Dan

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan,

Yes, you are actually asking 2 separate questions.  The first is how do I associate a user with an extension and the second is how do I associate an extension to a mailbox.

First, how do I associate a user to a mailbox?  I'm not a UCX expert, but the answer is it depends on how your UCX is integrated with your directory.  If you have integrated the UCX with CUCM directory, then you must assign a directory number with a user (primary DN).  The user to DN association is what allows you to create the mailbox for the user on UCX via the import.  If the UCX integration is directly with LDAP, I think you need to assign a primary telephone DN to the user.

The second question about associtating other DN's with a single mailbox.  You can do this via alternate extensions.  By adding alternate extensions, any user that calls in with an extension other than their primary will be associated with a mailbox.  This field is very useful for users that call the VM pilot from their cell phone.  They can be directed to subscriber login by making their cell phone an alternate extension.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

andruxavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Create a VM Profile and put the mask as 4321. Associate the VM Profile to the extn. Hope this helps....