Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge softkey missing on Remote In Use state

On CUCM 10.5.2, I'm using 8851 phones (SIP) and need to have the Barge Feature on some calls.  It's configured in the Softkey Template under Remote-In Use state, along with the New Call softkey.  However, when the line is in use, the shared line is red but doesn't show the Barge softkey, only the New Call softkey. Privacy is turned Off on the phones, and Built In Bridge is turned On.  Party Entrance Tone is turned On on the line.  I want to allow a third party to join an existing call, or conference call.  Is there something else that I'm missing?  Or, are the 8851s and 61s not supported for this Feature?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Barge softkey has been renamed to Merge, and the Barge alert entry in Settings menu has been renamed Merge alert.

The feature is supported on the following phones:
• Cisco IP Phone 8811
• Cisco IP Phone 8841
• Cisco IP Phone 8851
• Cisco IP Phone 8861

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/firmware/10-2-2/releasenotes/P881_BK_81C61BA9_00_8800-phone-series-rn-10_2_2.pdf

If the above does not work, then try configuring cBarge which uses the uses the hardware/software Conference Bridge associated with CUCM instead of phone BIB

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Barge softkey has been renamed to Merge, and the Barge alert entry in Settings menu has been renamed Merge alert.

The feature is supported on the following phones:
• Cisco IP Phone 8811
• Cisco IP Phone 8841
• Cisco IP Phone 8851
• Cisco IP Phone 8861

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/firmware/10-2-2/releasenotes/P881_BK_81C61BA9_00_8800-phone-series-rn-10_2_2.pdf

If the above does not work, then try configuring cBarge which uses the uses the hardware/software Conference Bridge associated with CUCM instead of phone BIB

Regards

Deepak

The cBarge worked.  I added it to the sofkey template.  Then the Barge key showed up on the phone when the call is in Remote In Use state, even though both Barge and cBarge are in the softkey template.

Glad that it worked and thanks for marking the Correct Answer.

Regards

Deepak

Hi guys, I have this problem too, on our 8845 phones on version 10-3 and 11-7-1. CUCM version is 10.5. softkey template on Remote_in_use state has : Barge, cbarge and New Call features . when call comes in on shared line I see its ringing on both phones , when 1 picks up it shows red on second phone  and no Barge button shows up  , when i select that line on second phone nothing happens. we use EM and dev profiles has correct softkey profiles with correct buttons.

also Privacy is turned Off on the phones, and Built In Bridge is turned On on both phones.

What else I need to check ?