Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking specific DN to dial a specific DN

masoodst123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have cucm 11 and want to block a specific DN to dial a another specific DN, it would be highly appreciated if someone could show me how to do it.

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Use partition and css to achieve it.

In Below Example Dn 100 and 101 cannot call each other.if you provide your setup I can share the exact configuration required.

partitions configured

partition A

Partition B

calling search space configured(css)

CSSA

CSSB

Dn 100 in partition A and css CSSA

Dn 101 in partition B and css CSSB

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Create a partition BLOCK (Choose your Name).

Create a calling search space CSS-BLOCK(Choose your name) and add the  partition which we created above.

Assign partition BLOCK for  extension 222221. For reaming phones to call 222221 their CSS should be CSS-BLOCK or the CSS which they use should have partition BLOCK .

With above configuration 222222 wont be able to call 222221 but he can call other extensions.

Response Signature

This would not work if you have the directory numbers in the none partition.

I would recommend you to put all your directory numbers in a partition and add that to the calling search space of the devices. Then create a new partition to be used for blocking calls, in this partition create a translation pattern that match the number(s) you want to block calls to and set the route action to block the call. Put this partition into a calling search space that is to be used on directory number (line) that should not be allowed to call the number. This would utilise the fact that calling search spaces on the line and device is concatenated by the call routing logic in CM and that the content in the line CSS is put before the content of the device CSS and that the most specific match would “win” in the lookup. So even if the CSS of the device has a partition that allows the call to go through, the line CSS would have the partition with a TP that supersede this and becomes a better match to block the call. 

Response Signature

6 Replies 6

Use partition and css to achieve it.

In Below Example Dn 100 and 101 cannot call each other.if you provide your setup I can share the exact configuration required.

partitions configured

partition A

Partition B

calling search space configured(css)

CSSA

CSSB

Dn 100 in partition A and css CSSA

Dn 101 in partition B and css CSSB

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for the solution, let me explain the setup for you:

i have cucm 11 with 200 phone registered, all the phones belong to partition (NONE) now i want to block extension (222222) from dialing to extension (222221) but extension (222222) will be allowed to dial all other extensions.

Create a partition BLOCK (Choose your Name).

Create a calling search space CSS-BLOCK(Choose your name) and add the  partition which we created above.

Assign partition BLOCK for  extension 222221. For reaming phones to call 222221 their CSS should be CSS-BLOCK or the CSS which they use should have partition BLOCK .

With above configuration 222222 wont be able to call 222221 but he can call other extensions.

Response Signature

Ok,

Thank you 

This would not work if you have the directory numbers in the none partition.

I would recommend you to put all your directory numbers in a partition and add that to the calling search space of the devices. Then create a new partition to be used for blocking calls, in this partition create a translation pattern that match the number(s) you want to block calls to and set the route action to block the call. Put this partition into a calling search space that is to be used on directory number (line) that should not be allowed to call the number. This would utilise the fact that calling search spaces on the line and device is concatenated by the call routing logic in CM and that the content in the line CSS is put before the content of the device CSS and that the most specific match would “win” in the lookup. So even if the CSS of the device has a partition that allows the call to go through, the line CSS would have the partition with a TP that supersede this and becomes a better match to block the call. 

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, your solution worked.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: