Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding in Call Manager 7

ifthi.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friend,

I have a question regarding the call forward. My requirement is, When I call Forward my IP Phone extension to be redirected to my mobile phone, and if someone calls my IP Phone extension, the call should originate from my IP  Phone instead of the caller party. Also my mobile should display my IP Phone extention instead of the caller party. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you,

Ifthiquar.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use translation pattern which would be matched based on the Forward All CSS assigned to the DN.

So configure new Parition (ForwardPT)

configure new CSS that matches this PT

Assign this CSS under call forward All CSS on the DN

Add TP that matches your mobile DN, change "Calling Party Transform Mask" to be your internal DN

Then depending on how your route patterns are created you may need to add new Route Pattern that matches your mobile number to ensure "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is not checked on it to display your internal DN all the way.

Keep in mind though that some providers will reject calls or overwrite the caller ID with BTN number if incorrect caller ID is presented.

HTH,

Chris

If you want to do it globally you can also change your "

Have a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080618a74.shtml

It's an old doc but explains the options.

Matty