cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Transfer to set Route Point

bspicer14
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a new Call Handler that will eventually be used to help eliminate bogus 911 calls. 

I don't want to mess with 911 translations until I have this part working.

I have created route point 8005 which transfers to a Unity call Handler.  After it plays the greeting, I want it to transfer to another route point, 8006 which has a call forward all to 9911. 

8006 has been added to the restriciton Tables in Unity to allow the transfer but I keep getting a message saying sorry this number is busy.  I have also tried this with a physical phone/extension and the result is the same.

I need to know how to get around the busy message and have it just forward the calls.

We are running Call Manager/Unity 8.6.2.

2 Replies 2

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

What is the exact message you are hearing? If I understand it sounds like you've called the route point directly from a phone and received the same message (removing unity connection from the call flow). If that's the case, I would check the call forward CSS on the route points DN to make sure it has access to the 911 route patterns partition.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The message I get is that extension 8006 is busy, and then the call disconnects.  If I call the route point 8006 from a phone, it does transfer to 911 as expected.  So route point 8005 gets me to the Unity call handler, and I hear my recorded message saying the call is being transferred.  If I dial route point 8006, I get to 911 I'm just missing something in between.

Right now I have it setup so that you have to dial the extension in order to transfer but I would eventually like this to transfer automatically to the route point without user intervention. 

I will try to set it up in the morning to have route point 8005 call forward all to 8006 and see if that works.