cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls take time to make or are not made at all.

molinait
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having issues on our company with the calls, calls take time to make or are not made at all.

I'm seeing this logs on our router 2821.

Dec 20 15:17:35: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:17:55: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up
Dec 20 15:18:15: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:18:35: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up
Dec 20 15:18:55: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:19:15: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up
Dec 20 15:19:35: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:19:45: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up
Dec 20 15:20:15: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:20:25: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up
Dec 20 15:20:55: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:21:05: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up
Dec 20 15:21:35: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to down
Dec 20 15:21:45: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Service-Engine1/0, changed state to up

More Information:

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
1 terminal line
24 Voice FXO interfaces
8 Voice FXS interfaces
1 cisco service engine(s)

Greetings,

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please elaborate what your mean by calls take time, is this for inbound or outbound calls? Does the call eventually go through?

What is your system: CUCM, CME something else?  

Provide full config of your GW (show run) and (show diag).

Please elaborate what your mean by calls take time, is this for inbound or outbound calls? Does the call eventually go through?

Is for outbound calls, for example when I make a call it take time to go through, but eventually it does.

What is your system: CUCM, CME something else?  

Is CUCM, and the Voice Gateway is the Router where I saw those logs.

Provide full config of your GW (show run) and (show diag).

I've attached the output of those commands.

Sounds like you may be running into inter-digit timeout issues on CUCM.  What are the route patterns you are matching define as, do they end with "!", ie. 9.!? If so you need to make them more explicit so that CUCM does not wait till inter-digit timeout (T302) expires before extending the call. What does Dialed Number Analyzer (DNA) show?

Hi!

I can check that, my doubt is that, everything has been working fine for
years, no changes was made on the configuration but suddenly the issues
started happening.

Those logs about the service engine are normal?

Greetings,