cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdALL to long distance # using PIN Codes

Art Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

I need to create a DN, and CFwdALL that DN to a long distance number.  But we are required to enter a long distance PIN to dial long distance numbers. 

Is that something we can do in CUCM 7 or in any version? 

We are using CUCM 7.1.5.34900-7, and there are no FACs created.

Thanks,

Art Martinez

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Calls that are forwarded to a FAC- or CMC-enabled route pattern fail because no user is present to enter the code. This limitation applies to call forwarding that is configured in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration or the Cisco Unified CM User Options pages. You can configure call forwarding, but all calls that are forwarded to a FAC- or CMC-enabled route pattern results in reorder. When a user presses the CFwdALL softkey and enters a number that has FAC or CMC enabled on the route pattern, the user receives reorder, and call forwarding fails.

You cannot prevent the configuration of call forwarding to a FAC- or CMC-enabled route pattern; forwarded calls that use these route patterns drop because no code is entered. To minimize call-processing interruptions, test the number before you configure call forwarding. To do this, dial the intended forwarding number; if you are prompted for a code, do not configure call forwarding for that number. Advise users of this practice to reduce the number of complaints that result from forwarded calls that do not reach the intended destination.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use my script "speed-dial with pauses" for that. It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Paolo,

I'm fairly new to this site; how can I access the website from your profile?

Art Martinez

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Dear

That is completely true for the above answer.I have to mention this idea also FAC is attached to the route pattern(s) and cannot be enabled/disabled by the user.You can create a separate route partition, route patterns, and calling search space for call forwarding. The route patterns on this separate CSS would not have FAC enabled.The directory number configuration page has an option "Calling Search Space Activation Policy" that you can use to select this different CSS for call forwarding.

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

Art Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies; I really appreciate it.

But I forgot to mention that the DN needs to be a DID so it could be dialed from the outside.

This DN will then be transferred to a long distance number, but our telephone service provider requires PIN codes to be entered to complete the long distance call.  This number will be used for our new Doctor's dictation system.

What options do I have?

Any documentation/links on how to configure/setup is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Art Martinez

No native way to do so, you'd need to use Paolo's script to do that.

Only CUCM 9.X supports pauses, and only in speed dials.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Do you mean the speed dial script?

Will the speed dial work when dialing the DN (which will be a DID) from the outside?

Thanks,

Art Martinez

Yes, my script can be called from anywhere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: