cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile for blackberry

vincehgov
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a Cisco Mobile 8.1 equivalent for Blackberry?  I'm wondering what is going to happen after CUMA goes away.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As of now there is no dual mode client (like Cisco Mobile 8.x) for BB.

Currently CUMC (v7.x) client on BB works with CUMA. As CUMA is going away, you may need to consider RIM MVS (Mobile Voice System) for your Blackberries .

HTH.

Mady

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No equivalent for Blackberry as of yet. About CUMA going away, it hardly matters for Blackberry handsets, as those handsets communicated with BES ( Blackberry Enterprise Server ) & not with CUMA. CUMA is for any other handsets than BB.

Hope it helps ?

Please rate helpful posts.

GP.

As of now there is no dual mode client (like Cisco Mobile 8.x) for BB.

Currently CUMC (v7.x) client on BB works with CUMA. As CUMA is going away, you may need to consider RIM MVS (Mobile Voice System) for your Blackberries .

HTH.

Mady

Thanks.  I remember looking into MVS before.  I think it will replicated the DVO and Visual Voicemail functionality of CUMC.

Do you know if there are any missing features that I'm have with CUMA but not with MVS?

SNR and DVO-R&F are available in both CUMC and MVS clients. Coming to Visual VM, I believe only MWI on MVS 5.1 cleint

The features you would be missing with MVS 5.1 client are Desk Phone call logs, Presence and Secure Text message.

And the advantages of MVS client are Voice over Wi-Fi, automatic Hand-out & Hand-in; which are not available with CUMC client.

HTH.

Mady