cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity connection DRF page options are not working

Ren Stark
Level 1
Level 1

For power maintenance, we have rebooted the CUCM cluster recently. Post reboot, the Cisco Unity DRF page options are not working. I can log in to DRF GUI of Cisco Unity but I cannot access any features ( backup history, status, etc). Even in the CLI mode " utils Disaster Recovery Status backup " command not giving any output.

I suspect the IPsec.pem certificate got crashed for some reason post reboot. But I can view the certificate it is valid till Jun 2023.

I tried restarting DRF local & DRF master services but no luck. Please help me on this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes that’s the issue.

Delete the old ipsec-trust on secondary node and replace it with the regenerated one on the primary node.

Restart the drf local and master.

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Which version of UCNx are you running?

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Cisco UCNx version 9.1.2. Also I found there is a expired IPsec trust certificate on the secondary Unity(where DRF not working) Please advice

Can someone please help. Should I delete the expired certificate and regenerate new one? 

Hi,
Sorry for delay .
Yes you should regenerate the ipsec certificate without deleting it.
If it’s a cluster, regenerate the certificate on both nodes and upload the
new one to the other host.

Restart the drf master service.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

Yes it is a CUC cluster with two nodes(primary & secondary). DRF is working fine on primary. IP sec certificate is valid on both nodes. The only issue I see that, the secondary node (where the DRF issue) has the expired IPsec trust certificate of primary node

1. Should I delete  the expired Ipsec certificate?

2. Shall I upload the existing primary node IPsec certificate to secondary node as a IPsec-trust?

3. or should I regenerate the certificates on primary node then download the certificate and upload it as ipsec-trust on the secondary node?

Please let me know the exact procedure

Hi,

Yes that’s the issue.

Delete the old ipsec-trust on secondary node and replace it with the regenerated one on the primary node.

Restart the drf local and master.

Please let me know.

Regards

Carlo

Issue got resolved. I regenerated the Ipsec certificate in Primary UC and uploaded the same as Ipsec-trust in secondary UC. And restarted the DRF local & master services.

I had this exact same issue on a single node Unity Connection system. DRS was completely unresponsive when I would go into the web interface. I tried rebooting the system which did nothing. Even though the IPSEC certificate wasn't set to expire for another four years, I decided to regenerate it. After doing that I restarted the Cisco DRF Master and Cisco DRF Local services. That fixed the issue. I was then able to get into the Disaster Recovery System web pages and navigate normally. So this issue doesn't only impact multiple node Unity Connection platforms.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: