Views
Helpful
Replies

Config transferring from CUCM 11.0.1 to CUCM 12.5

Victor Elizarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I need to transfer some CUCM config from old cluster to new one using BAT.

For example I need to transfer phones config. But unfortunately I can't do it using link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/bulk-administration-tool/200596-Bulk-Configure-Changes-with-Import-Expor.html because there are some different columns in phones.csv files from different CUCM versions.

Is it any way to fix this problem?

3 Replies 3

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you please be more specific on which fields are creating problem for you ? and what happens when you try to upload configuration to 12.5 ?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BAT is pretty much like DRS in that aspect, it only works in the same version without any user intervention.

If you want to BAT across versions, that means that, as you've noticed, you would need to manually re-format all the data and add/remove columns as required to meet the format from the target version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

We've always done this with BAT but using the "Insert Phones" option rather than import.  Doing it that way you only need create your new BAT file with fields that are going to be non-default and not inherited from a template or elsewhere.  Disadvantage is needing to create BAT files and templates for each phone model, and if there are special features like extra lines etc then these need to be dealt with separately.

If you need a one shot exact like for like import you could do an offline upgrade.  Make a temporary install of CUCM 11.0, restore your DRS backup to this, then upgrade to 12.5.  You can then use BAT Import/Export to export the phones and dependencies, and the resulting file should be go for import into the real system.