Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE SIP session source port range

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can someone help understanding if with Cisco CUBE (Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.06.04), we can configure the source port range in the SIP signalling ?

On my CUBE, I have 3 different SIP trunks: One to CUCM, One to FAX server and one to another remote SBC.

On outgoing call from CUBE, the connection fail because CUBE select the SIP signalling source port randomly can establish  and remote SBC accept  SIP session only if SIP source and destination ports are the same: 5060

I found that CUBE can be configured unde SIP-UA with command "connection-reuse via-port".  But this is a global command.  

I would like to check if there is a similar config per dial-peer so I can apply it only to dial-peer to the remote SBC ?

Also what is exactly the SIP source port range?  1024-65535?   Can we modify it to a smaller range ?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

The below configuration is for  a scenario where source and destination use 5060. But I think this will effect all other trunks.

sip-ua
retry notify 6
timers notify 100
sip-server ipv4:ISP-IP:5060
connection-reuse

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: