Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Speech Connect - Who May I Say Is Calling

Andrew M12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am setting up Speech Connect and when testing it I've found after you speak the name of the person you want to contact it will ask "Who may I say is calling?"

This prompt is fine and I know where to turn it on/off, however is there a place on Unity to change it's timings?......after I say who is calling there is a long delay until it carries on transferring and I want to reduce this delay

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Andrew M12
Level 1
Level 1

I found a few other things on Speech Connect and asked Cisco about them, below are summarised versions of the questions and answers

1 – How can you change Voice enabled Directory Handlers to not use the American voice

Answer – You can’t, the language selection for Directory Handler is only valid for non-voice enabled Directory Handler (CUC Help page).

It means there is no pre-recorded greetings for the English language other than US English. You can solve this problem with recording 'Custom Greeting' for the start of the IVR  but the follow-up prompts cannot be changed so are US English.

Cisco say they can’t allow changing the language using locale as the voice recognition engine is only prepared to understand US English for the English language.

2 – During a voice search of the directory you can configure it to ask the callers name, the greeting/prompt for this asks them “who shall I say is calling” and once you’ve said your name it takes a long time to then transfer the call, unless you press #.

I asked if this timeout could be reduced and was told no as it is a hardcoded parameter, I asked if the greeting can be recorded over so you can tell the caller about the # option and again was told no it is a hardcoded greeting in the voice recognition engine.

3 – During a voice search if you say “help” it plays you a help message, this clashes with if you want to setup a search for say a “Helpdesk”

I asked if this “help” option can be turned off, answer is no, again it is hardcoded in the US English voice recognition engine.

Hope this is informative to anyone setting up Speech Connect in an English speaking country.

HI,

I am trying to set up the speech Connect fonctionality in French but it looks like the only supported language is US English? Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

MK