Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5, LDAP Search with AD LDS

Hello,

we are having issues with the LDAP search feature on CUCM 11.5SU4.

We have multiple domains in the company, so we use AD LDS to be able to find all contacts in Cisco Jabber. This works fine.

The problem occurs when using UDS and the LDAP proxy feature on CUCM. I have created a UC Service for LDS and activated the LDAP Search feature with all necessary information. The bind is succesfull. From what we see in the network traces the problem comes from the LDAP filter used in the request from CUCM to AD LDS.

The filter that is used is always in this form:

(&(&(objectCategory=person)(&(objectCategory=person)(|(|(|(givenName=hans*)(sn=hans*))(mail=hans*))(displayName=hans*))))(&(objectclass=userProxy)(!(objectclass=Computer))))

The last part, (&(objectclass=userProxy)(!(objectclass=Computer)), is the actual filter I configured in the LDAP Search Configuration. The whole thing breaks because of the (objectCategory=person) part. Since the objects in LDS are not of type person, the search query returns no results.

Is this behaviour expected? Can this "default" part of the filter be changed somehow? I couldn't find any information if LDS is supported with the LDAP Search or not but since it works with Jabber I thought it would be. We mainly want this to work, so we can use it for our VC systems (sx20, spark room kits) from another CUCM cluster and Jabber for iPhone over MRA.

Appreciate any help on this.

0 Replies 0