cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.0 2500 user node (ProcessorIntel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8176)

moe2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Currently I am trying to install Unified Communication Manager v12.0 on vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8176 CPU @ 2.10GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM. for 2500 user per node. I can see that CPU spikes 100%. Is it supported and compatible?. I wondering if it is supported by cisco-TAC. 

thx.

3 Replies 3

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

What is your hardware model and ESXi versions ?

You should refer to below compatibility matrix for V12.0 for more details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unified-communications-manager.html#v12

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Cross check with the documents but I'm pretty sure that you need a clock speed of 2.5GHz to be classed as "Full UC Performance CPU".  If that's the case then you'd be limited to the 1000 user OVA, assuming all other requirements are met.

You are correct sir!  Also not that some VMs might have slightly different requirements, this is just the baseline.  In the link already posted above, the table shows:

Intel Xeon 6200, 8200, 9200
(Intel Cascade Lake)

Intel Xeon 6100, 8100
(Intel Skylake)

Any model with physical core speed 2.50 GHz or higher (base frequency not turbo).

Some applications, or VMs of an application, may not support or require higher speed; click here and check each application's page. Must also follow all rules in Table 2 below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: