Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade 8.6 to 10.5 7500 user OVA

gmartindell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm planning a CUCM upgrade from version 8.6 to 10.5 (both virtualized)   This was deployed using the 7500 user OVA.   In 10.5, the HDD requirement has changed from 2x80 to 1x110.   According to the upgrade guide, I can resize my drives using disk expansion COP file.   My question is, what should the end result be of my drive changes?   Do I change both drives so I end up with 2x110 or do I only change one leaving me with 1x110 and 1x80?

I don't have enough CPU resources to create new VMs and migrate using PCD.

Thanks,

Glenn

4 Replies 4

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Glenn,

My understanding is that the COP file is used to regain used space within the VM in the sense that you do not have enough space to proceed with the upgrade to 10.5.  The COP file essentially removes your inactive partition in order to gain that needed space.  As long as there is enough free space to complete the upgrade I wouldn't modify the drive structure of the VM in question.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

That's a different cop file you're talking about, we have one to free space (the one you mention) and another one to increase the HDD size, and actually use the new space, which is what Glenn is asking about.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need to resize any if you don't want to, if you choose to you just need to resize the second disk and leave the other one as 80 GB drive, as the second disk is what hosts the common partition which is what the storage culprit is.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Chris,

1.   Are you saying that I can keep my 2x80 Gb drives and still be supported by Cisco and I won't get "partitions unaligned" after the upgrade?

2.   It is the 2nd drive that needs resized?   I was told by others that I should resize the 1st drive and leave the 2nd drive alone or remove it.

Thanks,

Glenn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: