cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE - Time Zone Issues

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

Using CME and CUE.  The time on the phones is off by two hours.

CME:

NTP is synchronized, the time zone is set with "clock timezone" and "sh clock" shows everything correctly

CUE:

I have the time zone set to Central Time with "clock timezone" (and verified in the CUE GUI that it is correct), but when I do a "sh clock", the time is off by exactly 2 hours.  When I check do a "sh clock detail", it says that the timezone is Pacific.  

Any idea why the time zone specified in the config on CUE is not being used by the clock on CUE and a different time zone is being used instead?

Does CUE need to be restarted or does some other command have to be made for time zone changes to take effect?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks ,under telephony service you can do below , 8 is used for central time and reset the phone.If you are using SIP then this will go under voice-register-global.thanks

Router(config)# telephony-service
Router(config-telephony)# time-zone 8

Regards

Deepak Mehta

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to configure CME as ntp master and then point the CUE to the NTP.It should syncronize the clock.

Our friend Rob has explained it already on below thread.It should work if you follow the instructions.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10566106/cant-set-time-and-date-cue

As soon as I typed this up I realized I hadn't reloaded the CUE module, so I did that.  Once it came back up, the time zone was correct in CUE (sh clock and sh clock detail) and the time was correct.  However, even though the clocks in CME and CUE are both now correct, the phones still display the time as if they were still using the Pacific time zone instead of Central.  Rebooting a phone didn't fix it.

I've looked through the link and I have all of that configuration in place.  

Please Attach CME config.

Also make sure Type of phone is defined under the ephone config or try to register the phone again.thanks

Deepak,

I have attached a cleaned config.  

Other information that may help:

1.  All phones are 7965s

2.  I have reset the phones from within telephony-service with no change

3.  I have tried erasing some phones using the "erase" softkey with no change

4.  All phones have their model listed under their configuration

Thank you for helping with this.  

Thanks ,under telephony service you can do below , 8 is used for central time and reset the phone.If you are using SIP then this will go under voice-register-global.thanks

Router(config)# telephony-service
Router(config-telephony)# time-zone 8

Regards

Deepak Mehta

That did it.  Thank you.  I assumed that since it pulled the time (UTC) from the router it would also pull the time zone.  I guess it makes sense to separate the 2 in case the CME is in one location and the phones are in another.