Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizing the System Default Greeting in Unity Connection

jonathan.dixon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change System Default Greeting, that is the ‘Sorry, <users name> is not available’ callers hear when they get forwarded to a users voicemail?   If possible we want to change this greeting to include a ‘press 0 to reach the operator’ message by default. This could possibly also be tacked onto the ‘Record your message at the tone, when you are finished...’ greeting.

Thanks,

Jonathan

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Changing the Standard greeting language files themselves isn't possible that I know of, at least, if you're trying to do so in a supported manner. However, the Post-Greeting Recording feature in Unity Connection 8.0(2) and beyond is a pretty close match to what you want.

Hi jasyoung,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise that feature was available, it's very close to doing what I want it to do but when I test it it seems that Unity Connection ignores keypresses during the Post Greeting Recording (keypresses during the 'Record your message at the tone' prompt work). 

I'm going to do a bit more digging to see if this is by design or if there's an option somewhere to enable input during the Post Greeting Recording.

Thanks,

Jonathan