cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
1939
Views
10
Helpful
4
Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Error adding CER to PLM

I upgraded our 8.6 environment to 10.5.1 this weekend.  I am trying to add the servers to PLM.  I have been able to add CUCM and CUCX as product instances, but I get errors when I add CER.    

PLM and CER have a firewall between them, but I have verified that no traffic is being blocked.  In the diagnostic logs for PLM, I see a response code of 200 coming back from CER, but it doesn't include product information in the response, so PLM throws an error.

 

When I go to PLM > Product Instances > add, and put in the info for CER and hit 'test connection', I get the following error:  "Test Connection Failed. The Cisco Prime License Manager was unable to obtain the product type or version from the Product Instance."

 

I understand from the user doc that the username/password needs to be the OS username/pass, not the web admin username/pass.  I verified that I am using the correct credentials, and that I can successfully login to CER OS Administration. 

 

Here is an excerpt from the PLM diagnostic logs (elm-server.log):

 

[CUCM works fine]:

2014-10-13 08:26:35,317 INFO  [Sap-1] SapRpcServerHandler - SapCall: Test product: <IP Address>, prod=UCM
2014-10-13 08:26:37,762 INFO  [Sap-1] DeploymentEngine - No services directory was found under /opt/cisco/elm/server/lib.
2014-10-13 08:26:37,993 INFO  [Sap-1] ModuleDeployer - Deploying module: addressing-1.6.1 - file:/opt/cisco/elm/server/lib/modules/addressing-1.6.1.mar
2014-10-13 08:26:38,339 INFO  [Sap-1] BaseSoapClient - Call: ProductInfoService [<IP Address>,UCM] - 
2014-10-13 08:26:44,532 INFO  [Sap-1] BaseSoapClient - Done: ProductInfoService [<IP Address>,UCM]: Success - found: UCM:10.5.1 (6192)
2014-10-13 08:26:44,533 INFO  [Sap-1] SapRpcServerHandler - Got product info: <IP Address> : Version=10.5.1, Type=UCM
2014-10-13 08:26:44,533 INFO  [Sap-1] SapRpcServerHandler - SapDone: Test product: <IP Address> (9183) ====

[CER error]:

2014-10-13 08:28:18,028 INFO  [Sap-6] SapRpcServerHandler - SapCall: Test product: <IP Address>, prod=CER
2014-10-13 08:28:18,028 INFO  [Sap-6] SimpleHttpClient - Using URI: https://<IP Address>/plmagent/product  [for CER]
2014-10-13 08:28:18,136 INFO  [Sap-6] SimpleHttpClient - Call: getInfo [<IP Address>,CER] {"opCode":"getInfo","elmId":"8018b3d6c57146a28ed7aeed8b2362f4","type":"CER"}
2014-10-13 08:28:18,265 INFO  [Sap-6] SimpleHttpClient - Done: getInfo [<IP Address>,CER]: resp=200 - {"opStatus":"ok","productData":"{}","protoVersion":"2.1.0"} (128)
2014-10-13 08:28:18,269 ERROR [Sap-6] SimpleHttpClient - Failed to get version/type in response: version=null, type=null
2014-10-13 08:28:18,269 ERROR [Sap-6] SapRpcServerHandler - Failed to get product info: host = <IP Address> - BadData
2014-10-13 08:28:18,269 INFO  [Sap-6] SapRpcServerHandler - SapDone: Test product: <IP Address> (241) ====

 

 

CUCM version: 10.5.1.10000-7
PLM running on CUCM Pub
CER version: 10.0.2.10000-11

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

I found the answer to this on my own.  After upgrading the CER and CUCM servers to 10.x, I didn't update the CUCM version in CER (Navigate to CER Admin Uility > Update > CUCM Version).  I changed this setting to 10.5 and updated.  This takes some time, as it restarts the CER service.  

 

After this I tried to add the server to PLM and had no problems.   Hope this helps someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor

I found the answer to this on my own.  After upgrading the CER and CUCM servers to 10.x, I didn't update the CUCM version in CER (Navigate to CER Admin Uility > Update > CUCM Version).  I changed this setting to 10.5 and updated.  This takes some time, as it restarts the CER service.  

 

After this I tried to add the server to PLM and had no problems.   Hope this helps someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I ran in to the exact same issue, and the same fix worked for me too. Thanks for reporting.

Highlighted

I ran into this issue for ELM 11.0 with CER 11.0. I verified the version of CUCM was correct under the "CER Admin Utility". Once I have verified (but made no changes to) the CUCM version in CER Admin Utility, I rebooted the CER cluster and then re-added under Product Instance. It worked after a CER cluster reboot. (I had also restarted ELM, but that did not fix the issue. Only a CER cluster reboot allowed for version verification.)

Highlighted

I ran into this issue after rebuilding the cluster from DRS. PLM did show the correct "current version" as 10.5. I selected the same version from the drop down (10.5). The change of the CUCM version resulted in a restart of the Cisco Emergency Responder service. After the service restarted I was able to successfully add the product instance for CER in Prime License Manager.