one of our customer would like to do an update from CUCM Version 8.6.(2a) (220.127.116.1100-2)
) to 8.6.(2a)SU2 (18.104.22.16800-9).
Cause he has an "zero downtime agreement" he needs to know about new known issues after the release date , which can affect his cluster.
The Bug Tool Kit is really hard to use, cause i can set an filter on the major 8.6, but not to the minor. And at the moment the bug tool kit shows mit 1415 bugs for the version 8.6... and i need to klick on every bug to find out if the 8.6.(2a)SU2 is affected.
Do you have maybe an idea, or can you maybe give me some info about your expirience with the 8.6.(2a)SU2 and new issues.
The customer has one cluster with 10 MCS 7845 (one Pub, 2 TFTP, 8 (1:1) Subs)
One small CUC Cluster running 8.6.2
A few H.323 trunks to Cisco Gateways
A few ICT trunks to Tandberg VCS
A few SIP trunks to Lync
The main users use cucilync, and the main endpoints are 7962, but he use nearly every 79XX (7906/7911/7921/7925/7940/7941/7960/7961...) model.
Thank you in advance!
You can refer the Open caveats section in the release notes,
Hope this helps.
Please rate helpful posts !!
yeah i know, but (correct me if I'm wrong) the open caveats in the release notes are not up to date. I do not think cisco is updating the release notes with new issues which affect the minor release every time.
The customer trust the last time to the open caveats, decide to update the cluster and had to do a completly new installation cause he got an new bug, which wasn't documented as a caveat.
Know the customer policy says to wait a couple of weeks after release date before he update something
I'm upgrading a client to 8.6.(2a)SU2 (22.214.171.12400-9) as well. Have you performed your upgrade and if so, how was your experience?
i was only responsible for the bug tracking. Well, at whole there was any showstoper. I guess the customer does/did the upgrade, without any trouble.