cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leave a message without ringing the phone

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Client is migrating from pbx to voice and Unity. The current voicemail system allows internal and external callers to call a number, punch in an extension and leave a message. They call it Message Center.

I know I can use Send to greeting instead of ring the extension on the transer page. But the customer does not want to change that option. So he is looking for a feature that will allow callers to leave a message directly into individual subscribers without having to go through the greeting and so forth.

Unity version 4.1

Is there a new feature that will allow this?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this an integration with CallManager? If yes, perfomr the follwowing:

1. Create a voicemail profile with mask of XXXX, assuming 4 digit dial plan

2. Create a CTI Route Point on CCM with DN of *XXXX for example, set call forwardAll to voicemail, apply the new voicemail profile to the line

Everytime someone dials *XXXX where XXXX is the 4 digit DN, he will get redirected to the voicemail right away despite the "Ring phone" transfer option.

Hope this is what you are looking for, you can use anything you want instead of the *.

Chris

This will certainly work for internal callers, but, will not work for anyone wanting this functionality outside the system. Please ask your account team to add your business case to a product request for "Easy Message Access"

Hi -

Another option that might work for you in the interim ...

Callers can dial the Unity remote access number and get the Opening Greeting. At the Opening Greeting, dial an extension at any time is the default behavior. Dial the user's extension and add #2 to the extension, i.e. 56876#2. Although the caller will hear the subscriber's greeting, the caller can press # (optional conversation 1 key pad) to skip the greeting and go immediately to leave a message. Works for both internal and external callers.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger, that is exactly what I needed.

Regards

Majid

I agree with this also.... unity should be able to handle the commands whether it's internal or external. I would however in the Call handler menu system, create a greeting for this option in a sub menu

"thank for calling xx company. To dial an extenstion press 1"

Input 1 = "If you know your parties extenstion, you may dial it at anytime. If you wish to to leave a message and know your parties ext, dial the ext followed by "2"

I think creating the submenu with the "explanation" would work and create a clear understanding for the outside or inside caller.

tc