Views
Helpful
Replies

Maintenance contracts required for CUCM on UCS

mohsinsalimvs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a CUCM Ver 8.5 clustrer running on UCS C210M2 server. I would like to know is there is a single maintenance contract I can purchase from Cisco to cover both UCS hardware and CUCM software. Also CUCM is running on top of VMWare ESX server, should I require to get a separate maintenance for VMWare as well ?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Mohsin

1 Reply 1

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

First, let me make sure we're using the same terminology before I answer:

Contract - The contract number that is tied to your CCO user ID and your equipment

Maint Agreement - Your hardware or software coverage.

My understanding is that you cannot put your hardware and software on the same agreement for a number of reasons.  But there is no reason that all of your agreements can't be put under the same contract number.  Often, hardware and software will be on seperate POs, etc. and will end up under separate contract numbers, making things a pain.  I would work with your Cisco rep to see if you can combine all of your agreements under a single contract number.  I don't see why it would be an issue.  If they can't do this with existing contracts, then in the future I would talk with my rep about ensuring that all future purchases get tied to the same contract number.