cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening greeting loops when sent to Sign-in

tfletcher
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with the sign-in option from the opening greeting. Under user input, the * key is configured to go to sign-in, but when you press *, it just plays the opening greeting again. This started when we migrated to a new server. Both servers are 4.0.5. The old server was a loaner that was just built about 2 months ago. The configuration looks the same on both servers, and it works fine on the old server.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

On the trouble server, check the settings of the Opening Greeting call handler. Go to the Greetings page. I suspect you have Allow Caller Input unchecked during the greeting. If this is unchecked, the * key is not getting honored. The After Greeting action possibly reinvokes the Opening Greeting call handler, hence the "loop" you are seeing? Also, make sure to check the Alternate Greeting settings as well. If this greeting is enabled, it overides the Standard greeting.

Regards,

Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for the reply. The Allow Caller Input is checked. If I send it to goodbye or a call handler it works fine. It's just the sign-in that doesn't seem to work.

The server is off line right now, but once we get it back on line, I will check the alternate greeting

-Tim