Views
Helpful
Replies

PLM CLI - unable to login

lockend
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to manage some certificates on our PLM. I'm able to login to the web UI just fine but there's no way to manage certs from in there (from what I can tell). Our version is 11.5 and there is only one account listed under Administrator Accounts, which is the one I used to login to the web UI. However, trying that same account on the CLI (using SSH and Putty), I get Access Denied messages constantly and nothing seems to work. I have also tried via the console (VMWare) but get Login Incorrect. Is there possibly a different account for CLI that wouldn't be listed in the web UI? I didn't set this system up so I don't know if there's a console config account or something like that. Where can I go from here? Ultimately, I need to upload a tomcat-trust cert. Somehow, whoever managed this prior to me was able to upload a tomcat cert without a trust cert.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PLM has an OS Administrator and a PLM GUI Administrator, whoever installed the system entered the username and password for each.

If I recall correctly, you can follow the same procedure CUCM uses to reset the OS admin pwd, I don't recall you being able to handle certificates even CLI, but it's been quite some time since I used a standalone PLM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Reset the Administrator or Security Password

If you lose the administrator password and cannot access your system, use this procedure to reset the password.

Before you begin

• You require physical access to the node on which you perform this procedure.

• At any point, when you are requested to insert CD or DVD media, you must mount the ISO file through the vSphere client for the VMWare server. See "Adding DVD or CD Drives to a Virtual Machine"here for guidance.

• The security password on all nodes in a cluster must match. Change the security password on all machines, or the cluster nodes will not communicate.

Procedure

Step 1

Sign in to the CLI on the publisher node with the following username and password:

1. Username: pwrecovery

2. Password: pwreset

Step 2

Press any key to continue.

Step 3

If you have a valid CD/DVD in the disk drive or you mounted an ISO file, remove it from the VMWare client.

Step 4

Press any key to continue.

Step 5

Insert a valid CD or DVD into the drive or mount the ISO file.

Note 

For this test, you must use a disk or ISO file that is data only.

Step 6

After the system verifies the last step, you are prompted to enter one of the following options to continue:

• Enter a to reset the administrator password.
  • Enter s to reset the security password.
    Note 

You must reset each node in a cluster after you change its security password. Failure to reboot the nodes causes system service problems and problems with the administration windows on the subscriber nodes.

Step 7

Enter the new password, and then reenter it to confirm.

The administrator credentials must start with an alphabetic character, be at least six characters long, and can contain alphanumeric characters, hyphens, and underscores.

Step 8

After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password is reset, and you are prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

If you want to set up a different administrator password, use the CLI command set password. For more information, see the Command Line Interface Reference Guide for Cisco Unified Solutions at http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/products-maintenance-guides-list.html.

PLM admin guide, Chapter: Administration

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/11_5_1_SU5/userguide/CPLM_b_userguide_1151_SU5/CPLM_b_userguide_1151_SU5_chapter_0100.html?bookSearch=true#CUCM_TK_R7CFD47D_00

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: