cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT 11.5 fails to launch on Windows 10

scdladmin
Level 1
Level 1

Windows 10 - 1803 (have also tried on 1511, 1607, 1703 and 1709); Java 8, version 161 installed.

RTMT plugin downloaded via CUCM 11.5.

All other programs closed for install.

Program installs without any errors or warnings.

Does not launch. 

No window or web page opens.

Have tried compatibility modes for Win 7 and 8; have tried running as administrator even though my user is an administrator.

Cannot see what version of Java it needs.  The installer copied its own jre folder but I don't see any special version associated with this program.

There are no events recorded in Event Log.

With Task Manager open, when I attempt to run RTMT, two COM Surrogate tasks run briefly - 5 seconds or so - then close.

Would like to use this to troubleshoot call issues.

Since this doesn't work, is there any way in Call Manager to trace calls?

TIA

Rick

9 Replies 9

I was able to access logs from CLI.

However, support apparently wants info from the Real Time monitor.

Thanks for the link though.

Blood_God
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rick,

Are you able to access the RTMT downloaded from the same Publisher using another laptop or computer and is the issue presented the same way?

"No king rules forever, my son."

On a freshly imaged PC with Windows 10 1709, I can install RTMT and it successfully runs.

So, I'm left to wonder why it has never installed/run on my PC.

With RTMT running on that new PC, I checked Task Manager.

The javaw job that is running shows as Java SE, 7.8.

I tried removing the JRE 8.161 that is on my machine and install RTMT.  It sill does not launch.

So, I'm left thinking that this can't be a Java version issue after all.

Not sure what else to look for at this point.

Hi there

There are some know issue while installing RTMT 11.5 on certain Windows models. May be you are hitting that. Its currently an Enhancement bug. Can you try the workaround listed

Support RTMT 11.5 on Windows 10 and higher.- CSCuz99917

Description
Symptom:
Cannot install RTMT on certain Windows models.

Conditions:
-Windows 10
-Windows Server 2012

Workaround:
Change the exe to Windows 7 compatible mode and launch RTMT.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

No.  That doesn't work.

I have tried installing in Win7/8/Vista compatibility mode, as well as running program in Win7/8/Vista compatibility mode.

yenty
Level 1
Level 1
I can confirm that I am having this issue too.

Installed RTMT 15.0.0.0 as downloaded from CUCM build 11.5.1.14900-11 and am experiencing the same issue on Windows 10 versions 1709 and 1803.

RTMT installs without error but when launched it does nothing. If UAC is enabled it will trigger UAC before doing then doing nothing.

Running the executable as Administrator and in compatability mode does not help.

j.burwell
Level 1
Level 1

You should take a look at Bug CSCti72006. For some reason, Cisco has still not modified RTMT to work properly on PCs using Windows Redirected Folders or Shared Desktop Profiles. This Bug has a workaround by modifying adding an argument to the run.bat file. I have found this problem still exists as late as 11.5 RTMT.The symptoms are exactly as you describe. The modifications fix the issue and allow RTMT to launch. Good Luck.

As a follow up to my previous post, I realized the workaround is not posted on the bug ID CSCti72006 so I have posted it here. Not sure if this is a "supported" workaround but I got it from TAC and it works. Very frustrating the RTMT application has not been updated with all the companies using roaming Windows profiles these days.

See below-----

I understand you are looking for a workaround for CSCti72006 other than the one listed in the bug notes. I did some research on this and found the following to have worked for one of our customers:

When a user launched RTMT it launches a run.bat file in the JRtmt folder.  The content of this file is below

file: run.bat (NOTE: This is one line)

----------------

".\jre\bin\java" -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Xbootclasspath/a:.;.\lib\xerces.jar;.\lib\log4j.jar;.\lib\jcchart450J.jar;.\lib\collections.jar;.\lib\JbcBeans.jar;.\lib\activation.jar;.\lib\axis.jar;.\lib\axis-ant.jar;.\lib\commons-discovery.jar;.\lib\commons-io-1.3.2.jar;.\lib\commons-logging.jar;.\lib\commons-lang-2.1.jar;.\lib\commons-net.jar;.\lib\ifxjdbc.jar;.\lib\mail.jar;.\lib\maverick-debug-all.jar;.\lib\jaxrpc.jar;.\lib\saaj.jar;.\tzupdater.jar;.\lib\jide-common.jar;.\lib\jide-dialogs.jar;.\lib\jide-grids.jar;.\lib\wsdl4j.jar;.\lib\javacsv.jar;.\lib\jtds.jar;.\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;.\lib\commons-collections.jar;.\lib\commons-digester.jar;.\lib\commons-el.jar;.\lib\commons-jexl.jar;.\lib\commons-scxml.jar;.\lib\derby.jar;.\lib\xalan.jar;.\lib\openssoclientsdk.jar -jar JRtmt.jar

----------------

To enable RTMT to launch with companies that use Redirected Folders, the following argument needs to be added to the beginning of the BAT file:

----------------

-Duser.home=%userprofile%

----------------

Full command with added argument enabling redirected folders:

----------------

".\jre\bin\java" -Duser.home=%userprofile% -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Xbootclasspath/a:.;.\lib\xerces.jar;.\lib\log4j.jar;.\lib\jcchart450J.jar;.\lib\collections.jar;.\lib\JbcBeans.jar;.\lib\activation.jar;.\lib\axis.jar;.\lib\axis-ant.jar;.\lib\commons-discovery.jar;.\lib\commons-io-1.3.2.jar;.\lib\commons-logging.jar;.\lib\commons-lang-2.1.jar;.\lib\commons-net.jar;.\lib\ifxjdbc.jar;.\lib\mail.jar;.\lib\maverick-debug-all.jar;.\lib\jaxrpc.jar;.\lib\saaj.jar;.\tzupdater.jar;.\lib\jide-common.jar;.\lib\jide-dialogs.jar;.\lib\jide-grids.jar;.\lib\wsdl4j.jar;.\lib\javacsv.jar;.\lib\jtds.jar;.\lib\commons-beanutils.jar;.\lib\commons-collections.jar;.\lib\commons-digester.jar;.\lib\commons-el.jar;.\lib\commons-jexl.jar;.\lib\commons-scxml.jar;.\lib\derby.jar;.\lib\xalan.jar;.\lib\openssoclientsdk.jar -jar JRtmt.jar

----------------

Step 1: Copy existing run.bat BAT file and rename it to something new (We called in run_SO.bat)

Step 2: Modify new BAT file to add -Duser.home=%userprofile% argument

Step 3: Update RTMT shorts to reference new BAT file