Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Call Recording Solution

Hey guys,

I've used multiple call UCM-compatable recording solutions and have been very happy with most (especially TelRex).  However, they are all fairly expensive and a little complicated.  I'm looking for a solution that will allow a phone user to hit a button to record a conversation, then receive that call at the end of the call.  That's it.  Simple (and cheap).

Anything out there?

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about whats new in CUCM 9.0.

Thats one of the new features I have seen touted.

Native Call Recording Soft Key or PLK start/stop using BIB

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco CR provides a free start stop applet to control the recording

Keep in mind even with the CM start stop feature you still need to invest in a recording solution. Native call recording doesn't seem mean it is built into ccm

One still needs to send the recording streams to another server/product

Thanks

Srini

Is it a 'recording solution' or just a server with space to store the files recorded via UCM, when using the 9.0 new freature?

I know that Cisco Compliance Recording isnt free by any means,

Sorry for the dumb question.  I didnt get the details of the new feature yet.

Its neither it's just a soft key to start stop that's all, something that has existed with Cisco CR for a while

Cr isn't free for sure or for that matter any robust recording solution but the applet is free is what I was alluding to

Thanks

Srini

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

If you have Unity/Unity Connection you could use Live Record. If the user is configured to have their voicemails delivered into e-mail it would deliver the message to the user's email upon call completion, but it isn't 1-button (you have to conference in the live record number).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: