Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Call Recording Solution

Hey guys,

I've used multiple call UCM-compatable recording solutions and have been very happy with most (especially TelRex).  However, they are all fairly expensive and a little complicated.  I'm looking for a solution that will allow a phone user to hit a button to record a conversation, then receive that call at the end of the call.  That's it.  Simple (and cheap).

Anything out there?

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How about whats new in CUCM 9.0.

Thats one of the new features I have seen touted.

Native Call Recording Soft Key or PLK start/stop using BIB

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco CR provides a free start stop applet to control the recording

Keep in mind even with the CM start stop feature you still need to invest in a recording solution. Native call recording doesn't seem mean it is built into ccm

One still needs to send the recording streams to another server/product

Thanks

Srini

Is it a 'recording solution' or just a server with space to store the files recorded via UCM, when using the 9.0 new freature?

I know that Cisco Compliance Recording isnt free by any means,

Sorry for the dumb question.  I didnt get the details of the new feature yet.

Its neither it's just a soft key to start stop that's all, something that has existed with Cisco CR for a while

Cr isn't free for sure or for that matter any robust recording solution but the applet is free is what I was alluding to

Thanks

Srini

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

If you have Unity/Unity Connection you could use Live Record. If the user is configured to have their voicemails delivered into e-mail it would deliver the message to the user's email upon call completion, but it isn't 1-button (you have to conference in the live record number).