cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to send Long Distance Xmedius Faxes with FAC

carla
Level 4
Level 4

I have UCM 7.1 and implemented Xmedius Fax solution with it.  They currently have a Force Authorization Code on all Long Distance calls.  I am trying to send a fax with XMedius through Call Manager and it will not let the call through because it doesn't reconize the FAC.

XMedius suggested sending the fax as follows 15146331439,1,8,8.  I tried this will the same result.  If I take FAC or my Long Distance Route Pattern the fax goes right out.  

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Interactions and Restrictions

The CMC and FAC features work with all Cisco Unified IP Phones and MGCP-controlled analog gateways.

The FAC and CMC tones can only be played on phones that are running SCCP, TAPI/JTAPI ports, and MGCP FXS ports.

H.323 analog gateways do not support FAC or CMC because these gateways cannot play tones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html#wp1046253

You can try playing around with the , to add more delay and see if that makes the trick, but official support for FAC as explained above is only on IP Phones and MGCP GWs.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Do you know if I set up my Gateway Connection from UCM to XMedius as MGCP would it work then?