cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to stop syslog messages

hoylandpaul
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting the following syslog messages to my syslog server from our CUPS:-

"133161: Jul 10 2013 09:32:21.387 UTC : %UC_RTMT-2-RTMT_ALERT: %[Name=CriticalServiceDown][Detail= Service operational status is DOWN.<010>Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver,Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager.<010>The alert is generated on Wed Jul 10 10:32:21 BST 2013 on node 10.210.1.30.][App ID=Cisco AMC Service][Cluster ID=][Node ID=VOIP-TDC-CUPS-PUB-030]: RTMT Alert"

The Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver service and the Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager service are both activated, but both stopped. I have tried turning off any kind of alarm and trace config for both services but nothing seems to make any difference!!

alarm config.JPG

trace config.JPG

Any ideas?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rtrauernicht
Level 1
Level 1

More then likely you have those 2 services trying to start on your system. These will only start if you are doing compliance archiving.  Goto the services section and set them to disabled until you want to use these features.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rtrauernicht
Level 1
Level 1

More then likely you have those 2 services trying to start on your system. These will only start if you are doing compliance archiving.  Goto the services section and set them to disabled until you want to use these features.

Thanks,

Ryan

By disabled Ryan is referring to Service Activation. As long as the service is activated, it will attempt to start periodically. Both of these services require specific configuration before they will run.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.