cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4 sa/web login problems

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Unity 4.0(4) system that seems to have developed a problem getting access to the UnityAdmin or Status.

I am using ID's that previously worked (i.e UnityAdmin or UnityInstall).

I get either access is denied, unknown account or get a login but no menu's part from the logoff option at the bottom (it depends on combination of what I do).

I get the latter if I "grantunityaccess -u unityinstall -s EAdmin"

If I do  "grantunityaccess -u unityadmin -s EAdmin" i get unknown account or bad password. I know unityadmin previously worked and its the account I always login to windows with anyway.

If I run DohPropTest I am unable to login with write access (even using 9906 for today 5th Jan). I can get read access ok. I was going to use this to change another account to cos admin.

So I'm a little confused about what is currently wrong here??

12 Replies 12

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

When running the GrantUnityAcess I would suggest instead of linking to EAdmin that you attempt to link to the 'Installer' account.

Also, does the issue still exist after a restart of IIS. This can be done by issuing the command 'IISReset' from Command line.

Thanks,

Scott

Also you mentioned the DohPropTest password.

Your password is close. It will work if you enter just 996.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks, the DohPropTest works now I know not to include the leading 0.

I still have problems with the Unity Admin. I can only get a web login screen for it if I enable anonymous access for it on IIS.

But once I have the screen and login, even with an ID that has administration CoS, I still don't see any of the menu's you would normally see on the left (i.e. Subscribers, Call Management etc etc). I only get the Logoff option at the bottom.

Additionally when I don't have anonymous access enable in IIS, I get this error "Error from authentication subsystem. Error '80004005' Unspecified error. /Web/Common/Error.asp, line 282"

Voicemail itself is actually working ok.

Forgot to menton.

IISReset or server reloads don't seem to improve the problem.

Also linking to EAdmin or installer with grantunityaccess gives the same results with the menus.

I can't actually get any admin login to shows the menus, wierd.

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the following:

* Accounts are not disabled on AD

* Passwords of these accounts have not expired

* Reset password for these accounts

* Change the method to anonymous access and then change it back, then reset IIS

* Make sure there are no DNS issues, or use IP addresses instead.

* Check the app and security logs on the event viewer if you get something on the app log check it using the unity error message finder

http://www.ciscounitysupport.com/find.php

if you get an entry on the security log check that on google as those are microsoft entries.

*Finally check the SA troubleshooting guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801ba0ef.shtml#pp1

Hope this helps, if it does please rate.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

Ok have been through all those now, still no luck.

To clarify I can login & access the Status Monitor ok, although it prompts for a login (before it went straight in if I was logged in with a valid id).

However, with the Admin screen I can login, but still don't see any menus. I see the main screen with version number etc, and logoff at the bottom. The left hand column where all the menus normally exist is blank.

At the same time I try to access the Admin screen, I see an event in the Application log:

"Source CiscoUnity_AvCs, Type Error, Event ID 100, Exception occurred and handled. File H:\views\ESB1_view\un_SA1\SA\avsadbconn\AvSaDbSession.cpp at line 11943 - Error 80004005H Call Stack: 0x5D6563FD :: 0x0076005C ::

Hi,

That is a generic error message to indicate that an exeption was handled and where, the file that is pointing to is for the DB connection of the SA web, now please check the DCOM on the server and your PC:

---------------

check DCOM:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workstation is Windows XP:

1) Click on start > run > dcomcnfg > expand component services >

computers >Right click on My computer > click on properties > click on

default properties:

2)----If you see any DCOM config warning click on NO ----

3) Once the "Distributed COM Configuration Properties" dialogic box

comes up, click on the Default Properties tab.

4) Place a check mark next to "Enable Distributed COM on this computer".

5) Under "Default Distributed COM communication properties", select

CONNECT for "Default Authentication Level" and IDENTIFY for "Default

Impersonation Level"

6) Click on OK.

7) Reboot the machine.

Or on windows 2000:

1) Run DCOMCNFG from a command prompt.

2) Click on NO for all of the DCOM Configuration Warnings

3) Once the "Distributed COM Configuration Properties" dialogic box comes

up, click on the Default Properties tab.

4) Place a check mark next to "Enable Distributed COM on this computer".

5) Under "Default Distributed COM communication properties", select CONNECT

for "Default Authentication Level" and IDENTIFY for "Default Impersonation

Level"

6) Click on OK.

7) Reboot the machine.

---------------

Also do you have SP1 installed? if not please install it and run DBLHelper.

Christian.

Hi,

I've checked those DCOM settings. It was set to "Impersonate" on the Unity Server itself. But ok on my PC.

After changing on the Unity server and rebooting, the problem still remains if I try to access from on the server or another PC.

SP1 is already installed.

Isn't DBLHelper for CUCM? (there's only a single Unity server here).

Any other suggestions on what might be worth checking?

I don't know if this has got anything to do with the problems or completely irrelevant.

When I run DOHPropTest, AD Monitor, Directory_Root is showing value "Error: 0x80070057"

I checked a few other Unity servers and that value is always blank.

Although I've no idea what that means....

Is the AvNotifierMgr service installed and running?

Regards,

Craig

Hi,

My bad, I meant DBWalker, I've seen issues like this before when there are duplicated or 'ghost' entries on the DB on some tables, so please run that and let me know what comes up.

Christian.

Thanks for all the help guys.

For the benefit of anyone else experiencing this problem, this is what resolved it:

d:\commserver\orderedcomms

regsvr32 avdohsvr.dll

regsvr32 avdohpssvr.dll

d:\commserver\components

regsvr32 avsalntsvr.dll

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: