I've setup a new UConn8.6 in my customer place. Previously they're using version1.1.
So, i tried mirroring whatever they had in previous setup into this new setup. However, my call handler did not function as it should. Everytime i call this particular extension (eg 8080), if no answer it should forward into VoiceMail (checked in DN config in CUCM) where the Call Handler will take charge and play the recorded greeting.
However, currently it only play "spell the last & first name bla bla bla..." when i emulate the scenario.
What i've tried now is, create a Call Routing with dialed number 11800 and forward to Call Handler to play greeting. 11800 also already created in Hunt List in CUCM.
Direct call to 11800 it did play the greeting but if I set 11800 in the forward call in phone config page, it still prompt the "spell the last..."
Anyone can help me on this? really appreciate it
Theory and the way it works, hasn't changed at all.
Most likely there's an error in your config.
Provide detailed call flow.
if this helps, please rate
1. Internal extension (3000) dials to extension 8080. where, extension 8080 wil forward to Voicemail if not answer or unregistered.
2. The extension 8080 is disconnect from network hence goes unregistered. The calls has been programmed to automatically forward the unregistered call to Unity Call Handler with extension 8080.
3. Unity Connection receive the call by looking at the port monitor;
4. However, instead of play the recorded greeting which is pre-recorded in the Call Handler of 8080, it prompt "spell the last & first name..."
5. Below is the Call Handler config;
6. And here is the greeting config;
It turns out that even voicemail not working. when i call extension with VM enabled, once it reach certain period of no answer call it forward to same prompt "spell your last name first name...." <---this is the Directory Handler isn't it?
Why it prompt this greeting instead of "sorry, user is not available please leave your message at the tut"?
Check your Call Routing -> "Forwarded Routing Rules" on Unity Connection. I suspect they have been changed from the default and that somebody has created a new rule at the top of the list sending all forwarded calls to a Directory Handler (which is what you are hearing).
Intrinsic Network Solutions