Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection IVR solution

Pasha Teplitsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I've been trying to accomplish something that i though would pretty basic but i'm running into several issues.

The requirement is such:

If the user is not answering at his ext, the call should go to an IVR which will give the caller an option to leave a message for the user or transfer to the reception. sounds quite simple..

I wanted to achieve this using one Call handler for all enterprise users.

So i build a call handler and adjusted the button "1" in caller input to take a message. As i found out, this option would leave a message for the call handler and not for the original called user.

My next idea was to build the IVR for each CUC user. I could do it using user templates, not the most elegant solution but it should work.

Again, i assigned the caller input "1" to take a message. While this actually works, the user experience is horrible...

you hear this general company prompt that asks you what you want to do and when you press 1 you immediately hear the recording peep, with no user greeting, which is quite bad i have to admit.

I'm slowly running out of options here and my next best idea is to build a call handler for every ext and transfer it to "user with mailbox". but i really really don't want to get there...

Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you don't want to do, is what you have to do. CUC doesn't have a way to handle this in a more elegant way, it doesn't have a way to use the called number and then map that to mailbox automatically, that has to be a static configuration.

CUC is really good only for basic (and static) IVR configurations.

If you have UCCX/UCCE, you probably want to explore that option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

My question is this, why will a call drop if lets say a phone is unregistered instead of going to the assigned voicemail 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pasha,

Like my friend Java nicely noted (+5) CUC isn't really designed for what you are trying to accomplish. What most companies do that would somewhat do what you are trying to do is this;

- setup each user with a standard mailbox

- require that users record their standard greeting using a corporate "defined" text such as "thank you for calling Acme Corp, you have reached the mailbox of "xxx_yyyyy" if you'd like to be connected to our reception please press 1 now or if you would like to leave me a message directly please wait for the beep."

- then map the Press 1 - "caller input" from the user greeting page to go to reception.

I know it's not perfect but it may do what you need :)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

What licenses are required for the IVR?

There are no IVR licenses for CUC, you use a port per call, no matter if it's to a mailbox or to an AA

HTH

java

Thank you

Use this license?

Speech Connect: Speech Connect is a speech-enabled automated attendant that is included as part of Cisco Unity Connection. It lets the customer use voice commands (they say the name of the person they want to call) instead of dialing a number. Two ports of Speech Connect come with each Cisco Unity Connection order. Additional ports can be ordered at no additional cost by using the part numbers listed in this document. In addition, if the customer needs more Speech Connect licenses than the number of Cisco Unity Connection subscribers they have, they can purchase additional guest user licenses.
Customers can order guest user licenses for as many or as few users as they like.

UNITYCN11-SC-PORT

Speech Connect version 11.x add-on ports

$0

UNITYCN11-SC-GUEST

Speech Connect version 11.x guest user

$15

Only if you want speech connect to be available for the AA.

HTH

java