cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Private Message Verbiage

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Unity Connection 8.5 Single Inbox (UM) when a user recieves an email when a message is marked private they get -

"This message has been marked secure.  If you are not using ViewMail, log on to Connection by phone to retrieve the message."

I probably know the answer to the question but wanted to throw it out there anyway.  Is there a way to modify the verbaige?  We do not use ViewMail and it is a little confusing to users.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

2 Replies 2

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Shane,

I believe this is what you're looking for:

Announcing to Users When Messages Are Marked Secure

(Cisco Unity Connection 8.0(2) and Later Only)

Added November 16, 2010

When the Announce Secure Status in Message Header check box is checked on the System Settings > Advanced Settings > Conversation Configuration page, Cisco Unity Connection plays a prompt to the user before playing a secure message, announcing that it is a secure message. When this check box is not checked, Connection does not announce the secure status of a message to users. By default, the check box is checked.

If you have configured Connection such that all messages left by both users and outside callers are configured to be secure, consider unchecking this check box so that users do not hear the secure message prompt before every message that they listen to.

HTH,

Chris

I will definitely give it a shot.  I think this will definitely eliminate it announcing it is secure when checking VM from the TUI.  Not sure it will eliminate the email text that is recieved in Single Inbox on their outlook though.  Regardless, thanks for the reply.  I will test it out.

Thanks,

Shane