Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection subscriber failover

Issa NDIAYE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I have a problem when my unity connection publisher is disconnected from the network. The subscriber doesn't take call.
We can't join the voicemail server from ip phone.

But when I do a manual failback with cisco unity Connection Serviceability on Cluster Management, it works.

Thank you for your help
Best Regards,

7 Replies 7

Atul Khanna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

--Whats the version of unity connection server you are using?

--Any issues faced by the users when the secondary server was active?

Hi,

it does not work, i want to reconfigure the server.

Do you have best practices guide for configuration of the unity connection 8.0 cluster

Best Regards!

Hi,

it does not work, i want to reconfigure the server.

Do you have best practices guide for configuration of the unity connection 8.0 cluster

Best Regards!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Issa,

I'm guessing you are seeing the results detailed below;

Automatic Change of Server Status Initiated by Server with Secondary Status

1. The Connection Server Role Manager service on the server with Secondary status does not receive contact from the Connection Server Role Manager service on the server with Primary status.

2. The Connection Server Role Manager service on the server with Secondary status confirms its network connection by pinging the local host and other known remote servers.

3. If the network connection is confirmed, the Connection Server Role Manager service on the server with Secondary status posts an alarm that it is initiating a change of status.

If the network connection is not available, the status does not change and the remaining events do not occur.

4. The Connection Server Role Manager service on the server with Secondary status sets its status in the database to Primary.

5. The Connection Server Role Manager service on the server that now has Primary status starts the critical services on that server.

6. The data connector detects the changed status and sets the connections to use the database on the server that now has Primary status.

7. If possible, database and message store replication continues between the servers.

8. The Connection Server Role Manager service on the server that now has Primary status posts an alarm that the change of status is complete.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/cluster_administration/guide/7xcuccag020.html#wp1049629

Now, the second question is how your Cluster has been configured. In the CUC "Best Practice" the Sub would

be taking the bulk of the calls so you wouldn't see a hit here.

You may also want to have a look at the HA section of this excellent design Guide

(attached) which speaks to the "Best practice" for Port distribution between Pub and Sub;

Cheers!

Rob

Attachments:

My understanding is that there really is not an "standby" server in Unity Connection.  The (2) servers really are active/active and can be configured this way.  Its how you register the ports with CUCM, port groups, line groups, and directing calls using VM Pilots.    When you are in active/active, you basically have 500 ports total to use.  But when one server is down, you are down to 250 ports.

Im actually setting one up right now in the lab with active/active and trying to nail down how the call routing will go to/from each CUC server and also which CUCM it will hit first or register with first.    These split cluster and split CUC designs are a little tricky now on how to plan out the routing.

Sonatel:Scan antiviral effectue (1)

Hi Tommer ,

Thanks you. but I have HA licence for the second server, is it possible to do active/active with this?

Best Regards!

De : tcatlinins

Envoyé : lundi 6 juin 2011 15:32

À : Issa NDIAYE

Objet : New message: "unity connection subscriber failover"

Sonatel:Scan antiviral effectue (1)

Cisco Support Community<>

Re: unity connection subscriber failover

created by Tommer Catlin<> in Unified Communications Applications - View the full discussion<>

hello

i have forget to say to you that is was ok

the problem was that the publisher had an english language and the subscriber a french langage

i put the same file in both server and it works well now

thank you for your help and best regard!!!