cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Unified Messaging - Mailbox full notification

jmeyers
Level 1
Level 1

I have unified messaging configured and working right with UCX 8.5.1.  Is there a way to alert the user via email that their voicemail box is full?  I'm concerned that if we allow users to turn on this feature that they may start filing email away into folders in Exchange and fill up their voicemail box on UCX.  I tested this with a test box and filled it up.  The greeting still plays and it appears to record the message, but if the box is full, the message is not saved and there is no indication to the caller or the intended recipient that there was a message left or a problem.

Is there any way to setup UCX to send the recipient a message that their mailbox has reached capacity?

2 Replies 2

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

post your question for the below thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3895583#3895583

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the question.

To answer the question directly, no CUC expects that each voicemail box is being managed. The single inbox feature can help mange message because voicemails deleted in exchange will also be moved to the deleted items container of CUC. You can also use message aging policies and quotas to help manage mailboxes however if new unread voicemails will never hit against quotas or aging.

Knowing this it does make sense. You don't want to make it easy for your voicemail server to delete new unread messages.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck,
Brad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: