cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to Unity 4.0(5) from 4.0(2) documentation help for Cobras export

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

I'm upgrading our Unity 4.0(2)  to unity connection 8.x. I know that I'll need to use COBRAS to migrate the data however, it looks like I have to at least upgrade the unity server to 4.0(5), thank you Chris Dean for confirming the correct path, beofre I can even use COBRAS to export the data.

Theres little info on how to do this. I found the 4.0(5) release notes that have be download two Cisco Unity 4.0(5) CD's however, there is no info where to go from there. Do I boot off the CD's run the CUInstallexe. on the CD...will this preserve my data or overwrite my current install of Cisco Unity?

Anyone have any gotchas in this setup. Again my goal is just to get Unity to a version so I can use COBRAS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/release/notes/cu405rn.html#wp417468

Thanks,

Dan

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's pretty much the same as an install, run CUSPA, then run CUICA.

You'll upgrade Unity.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

COBRAS tools supports backups from 4.0(3). But it's fine you can jup to 4.0(5)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS_Briefcase/COBRAS_Briefcase.htm#_Toc330199754

The link we had for upgrading to 4.0(5) seems to be broken, it redirects you to the EoS/EoL notice for unity 4.X. This is a minor upgrade and basically you'll need to take a DIRT backup (in case anything goes wrong you can go back to the current version). You ca check the DB status running a DBwalker and then you'll basically need to run the CUInstall.exe from the install CD/DVD.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)