Views
Helpful
Replies

Use a CUCM deskphone as webex audio device

david.sua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I would like to know if is possible use my CUCM deskphone (9951 for example) to listen webex meetings. I am using CUCM 9.0.1, with CUC and CUPS.

Also, I have configured into PC the jabber client, so I can call from app using my deskphone.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is only possible if you have a PSTN DID connected to GW pointing the call to CUCM and CUCM further routing it the 9951 IP Phone. Then you can ask the WebEx to call you on your DID number (instead of sending audio to your PC) which will land on the GW and eventually gets routed to your IP Phone through CUCM call routing.

- Basant

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

basyadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David

You mean joining WebEx meeting using your 9951 phone as "Audio Device" or listening to WebEx reocrdings using Desk Phone?

- Basant

Thanks for your reply Basant,

I want to joining WebEx meeting using phone as Audio Device, like if I am using a headset pluged in the computer.

That is only possible if you have a PSTN DID connected to GW pointing the call to CUCM and CUCM further routing it the 9951 IP Phone. Then you can ask the WebEx to call you on your DID number (instead of sending audio to your PC) which will land on the GW and eventually gets routed to your IP Phone through CUCM call routing.

- Basant

Ok, I understand. But in that scenario I need to use callback and minutes from webex.

Thanks Basant.