cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What if there is already data when I import using Cobra ?

best2sons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a funny project which has been abandoned project for long and have no idea of what previous engineer did.

And it has to be migrate from Unity4.2 to UnityConnection8.6, I checked the unityconnection and found there are same user information with unity4.2.

There aren't any specific call handler or other setting other than defaults.

But there must be some changes like greeting from each subscribers. so I think it would be better to do migration using Cobra again.

As there are already all the subscriber information, when I try to do import, there must be conflict.

So what is best approach to resolve this kind of issue ?

1. Just overwrite user data when I import Cobra ? (most easy work at this time)

2. Delete all user from new CUC and import Cobra data ?

3. reinstall CUC and do Cobra import from scratch ?(more work)

Definitely I prefer number 1 option if there is no issue, but I don't know whether it will be fine or not.

So kindly share your  experience for this kind of matter.

Thanks in advance.

Jason.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can merge in newer results from Cobras.

However, I would first delete all the users and then re-import. That way you won't leave any users on CUC that have since been deleted from Unity.

No need to reinstall.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: