Views
Helpful
Replies

6248U Fabric Interconnect bootloader prompt

Pete Lanzone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I am setting up a couple of new 6248U Fabric Interconnects. When i console into them I noticed it at the following prompt.

loader>

So I would run a dir command and found this in the file listing

ucs-6100-k9-system-kickstart.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin

so at the prompt I would type boot  ucs-6100-k9-system-kickstart.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin

after that boots I would get the following prompt:

switch(boot)#

These are not plugged into any chassis or i/o modules yet. I wante dto pre configure and put the management ip's and cluster ip into these FI's..

What am I doing wrong

7 Replies 7

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Pete,

You should see both kickstart and system image. Reboot the FI and if you see both files, boot the system via following boot command

loader> boot ucs-6100-k9-kickstart.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin  ucs-6100-k9-system.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin

If you do not see it and if you have other functional FI, you can get the system image from it

http://jeffsaidso.com/2013/01/when-disaster-strikes/

If you do not have another FI or cannot reboot functional FI, please open a TAC service request.

Once you boot it, it will display the initial setup dialogue if it is new device.

Finally, from UCSM, make sure you set the startup version of kickstart,system before rebooting the FI.

Padma

Thanks for the reply. This is the result I got: (look at the prompt I got on the bottom)

boot ucs-6100-k9-system-kickstart.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin ucs-6100-k9-system.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin

Starting kernel...
Usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu
INIT: version 2.85 booting
I2C - Mezz absent
sprom_drv_init_platform: nuova_i2c_register_get_card_index
blogger: /var/log/isan.log: No such file or directory (2).
Starting system POST.....
  Executing Mod 1 1 SEEPROM Test:...done (1 seconds)
  Executing Mod 1 1 GigE Port Test:....done (32 seconds)
  Executing Mod 1 1 PCIE Test:.................done (0 seconds)
  Mod 1 1 Post Completed Successfully
POST is completed
autoneg unmodified, ignoring
autoneg unmodified, ignoring
S10mount-ramfs.supnuovaca Mounting /isan 3000m
Mounted /isan
Creating /callhome..
Mounting /callhome..
Creating /callhome done.
Callhome spool file system init done.
Checking all filesystems....r. done.
Warning: switch is starting up with default configuration
Checking NVRAM block device ... done
The startup-config won't be used until the next reboot.
Loading system software
Uncompressing system image: bootflash:///ucs-6100-k9-system.5.0.3.N2.2.04b.bin

Loading plugin 0: core_plugin...
Loading plugin 1: eth_plugin...
Loading plugin 2: fc_plugin...
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...done.
Starting NFS kernel daemon:rpc.nfsd.
rpc.mountddone.

/isan/sbin/sysmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libconvertinfra.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/isan/sbin/sysmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libconvertinfra.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
INIT: Id "sm" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
/isan/bin/first-setup: line 1663: /isan/etc/common_defs: No such file or directory
System is coming up ... Please wait ...
INIT: Id "sm" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b#

Hello Pete,

Looks like we need to do fresh installation instead of loading existing image. If you have other FI, you can try loading the kickstart,system and UCSM images after erasing the flash.

Padma

Hi -

when you say other FI, do you mean a different model I may have in the datacenter? As the other FI (6248U) that goes with this one behaves the same way. The other ones I have is a 6100 series. I notice the image may be the same.

Hello Pete,

The " other FI " == " functional FI of any model "

Yes, images would be the same and if you can afford to reboot the functional FI, you can grab the images from it and try re-covering the problematic one.

Padma

I meant to get back to this forum and ask.

Ok what is the steps / procedure to put new files / etc on to the new FI's ?

Hello Pete,

Please open a TAC service request to assist you on recovering the FI.

Padma

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card