Unified Computing System Discussions

Engage with peers and experts on UCS and HyperFlex topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

Hi Folks ,Today we enabled Syslog & configured local file destination in UCS manager.Very curious to see whether entries are getting in this file or not ?How can i view UCS local syslog file & check it.Is there any way to transfer that file from Fabr...

ashjosh11 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to get a handle on Best practices around the networking part of the ESX-i deployment. I am using 5.1 I am not using a V1000 so is it better to add another Vswitch to esx or is it good enough just to create another port group.. As well as ...

miket by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody,I have the below UCS server with the part number and description: Part Number ==> R200-BUN-2  Description ==>UCS C200 M2Hard Drive ==>250Gb SATA 2 qtyI want to add a RAID controller to it, please suggest to me the type and part number of...

Resolved! esxi vnics, vhbas

how many vnics or vhbas do you create for esxi setup? for a non ucs, I used to do, 8 vmnics (physical nics)2, for mgmt2, for vmotion2, for vms (trunk)2, for iscsishould I create just 2 vnics for ucs? or do i need 8 vnics?

Dragomir by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  Can anyone explain how native vlan configuration should be used in UCS? when creating vnic, and checking "trunk", you then select the vlans to be allowed in the trunk, there is also a native vlan radio button beside each vlan. If the Cat 6509 up...

e-chuah by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes