Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a LSI 1064e mezzanine card to UCS C200 M2

Hi,

I have a single C200 M2 server that was shipped without a raid adapter and I`d like to add the LSI 1064e card to it. When I look into the server, there is only 1 larger-than-standard sata cable coming from the backplane and going straight into the motherboard, right at the front of the server. Does the LSI card have the same connector and does it came with an extension/new cable? There is not really a proper 'path' for the cable from the hard drives in the front to the pci slots in the back, so I'm wondering if adding this card is actually as easy as it should be.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

the card should have come with a long cable. you plug in one end into the raid card, route the cable along the power supply white clps, under some of the existing cables and into the port on the motherboard. the stock cable can be removed and discarded.

another tip. its possible to install that raid card two ways. install it so that the port for the cable is situated on top of the card instead of on the botom. this will allow installation of the battery module if you have one.

one more thing. check if you have chicony or 3Y power supply(s). 3Y is fine, but chicony is known to have an issue with temperature sensor and overheating. you should see if thats happening in CIMC. youll need to RMA it if its happening

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card