cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance with Equallogic ISCSI and UCS

hearthsidefoods
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone configure this array with the 6120FI's.

Would like assistance in the design/configuration of implmenting ISCSI in our UCS.

We have 2 x 6120XP FI, 2 x 5108 Chassis, 4 FEX.

We have 2 x 6504e VSS switches upstream. All intervlan routing is done on 2 x 3750's connected to the 6504e's. Uplinks from 6504e to 3750 is etherchannel.

Would like to implement 2 Dell Equallogic ISCSI arrays into the UCS system. Would like design assistance around plugging them into the 6120XP FI's or if that is not recommended alternatives.

We are currently endhost mode.

2 Replies 2

adambaum1
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have iSCSI, but I imagine you would set it up like any other ethernet device.  In most UCS installations that I have seen, the only items connected to the Fabric Interconnects are the UCS chassis themselves.  Most people are using the expansion modules to uplink to other switches.  If you follow this model, plug your iSCSI into that switch.   In EHV mode, I am not sure if you can plug non-UCS equipment into the FI ports.    Once you are connected it, I would use your arrays as you normally would.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help much from an actual "do this to configure" perspective.

adam

Found a sample design out there in the blogosphere that basically states what I said..connect the array to a non-UCS switch and uplink UCS to it.

http://blog.scottlowe.org/2010/02/04/using-ip-based-storage-with-vmware-vsphere-on-cisco-ucs/

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card