cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B200 M4 doesn't see virtual boot media

clark.d
Level 1
Level 1

I have a blade that doesn't boot from the virtual media. I can activate it and map the ISO on the KVM, but it doesn't boot from it. Also pressing F6 only gives me the Cisco Hypervizer or EFI Shell, no Cisco vKVM media is listed as an option.

UCSM is version 3.1(1g)....what could be issue?

Thx

5 Replies 5

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Clark,

You need to make sure that CD/DVD is an available option in the boot order. If you are booting to local disk, add CD/DVD to the boot order for the service profile and then when you press F6, you should see the vKVM option.

Please update with the results.

Thanks,

Wes

It's there....that was my first thought, and why I'm confused. Going into setup under USB it lists the vKVM virtual media...but it just won't use it as a boot device....

Are there any config errors on the service profile? Are we using the default BIOS settings?

You can boot into the BIOS by pressing F2 and see the available boot options as well and try to set the boot order there.

Can you send a screen capture of your boot order?

-Wes

After I unbound it from the template, it worked....hhuummm.

d.nepochatykh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Clark,

Can you check the Boot policy you chose for the service profile. Does it have 'Remote CD\DVD'?

If it is possible can you attach the screenshot of this boot policy?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card